Wednesday, October 27, 2010

San Diego





I was born September 4th, my Mommas birthday is Sept. 2nd. Of course not much of a birthday that year for either of us. I was born unexpectedly 14 weeks early and fighting for my life on the 4th and it was on the 2nd that my momma found our just how sick I was...So my momma swore as she lay in her hospital bed and if I made it, no matter what, one year later on my first birthday and her 30th!! we would do something BIG to celebrate! Guess what?? I made it!! Disneyland?? Nah I'd still be too little..Sea World/San Diego! Yay! Reese, Drake and I could all see the ocean for the first time and even I'd enjoy seeing the animals at Sea World! It meant a lot to us all and we talked about it all year leading up to it! Not so much for a 'birthday' present but more of a celebration we had made it through a difficult year as a family!! Yahooo!!! Yes, at one point on about day 3, after a fun but LOOONG day at Sea World, my daddy, surrounded by hyper, crying, laughing, sweaty, stroller(S), hungry, tired, excited, confused, done, children and baby (and wife) he swore (literally) and said something along the lines, "remind me again why did we take 3 kids under 5 to California???" Luckily all he had to do was look at me, his little miracle man and think back at what could have been and he remembered and wouldn't have traded it for ANYTHING (: And yes my Momma cried...standing on the beach with me, healthy, happy and one year old me. Cried and cried. Tears mixed with all sorts of emotions and on all sorts of levels but mostly cried of relief, gratitude and of a love she never knew was possible for someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trev

My photo
Trev was born on Sept. 4th 2009, He was a big surprise for mom and dad. We are so thankful he is doing well

Followers