Sunday, November 8, 2009

SICK TREV






Trev is currently 5 lbs. 14 oz. He is still growing very fast. Jannell & I are having a pretty tough time right now. Trev is getting sicker and sicker every day and it is difficult for us to see him this way. Our patience has grown short, we talked the NICU into running a blood test on Trev Friday the 6th. He was scheduled to receive the test on Monday the 8th, but Jannell and I had to know what was going on with his blood. It is so difficult, every test that they run with his blood they have to take about a 1/2 oz. of blood. When he is already having problems producing blood it is hard on him to lose any blood at all. They pricked his heel on Friday night to fill two small vials of blood as I held his hands, I could see in his eyes that he was scared, but that he found comfort in me talking to him and holding his hands as they drew his blood. I will never forget how his face looked that evening while I was holding his hand thru this test. The results came back as expected, his Hematocrit level has dropped to 24 from 27 he is getting more anemic and is not producing RBC's. We are very concerned for him, he is very pale, lethargic and starting to de sat. Monday morning they will run the the same tests to check his Crit levels. Please keep our family and Trev in your prayers, we are staying positive and we know he can get over this hurdle.

8 comments:

  1. I am saying many many prayers for Little Trev .... may god bless Trev and his parents. Dave and Jannell ... I love and I am here for all of you.

    Grandpa Brent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello David. God bless you and your beautiful family. You certainly are in our prayers my friend.

    Shiloh and Andrea Lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  3. what is the next step? will it be a blood transfusion? has he already had the third shot that is supposed to stimulate the rbcs? how far will the doctors let this go before they step in to help him? i am asking so that our family might pray for exactly what he needs. right now we are praying that his body will produce rbcs. i am so sorry for this challenge, but know it is for a purpose. baby trev is such an inspiration for many people. my kids love to see his pics on the blog. i will call tomorrow and find out how his test results go. also, is the hemocrit level supposed to be low or high? i'm sorry, but i just don't know that much about it all.
    keeping y'all in our prayers. love, suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dave & Jannell,

    We just found out about Trev--you're in our prayers.

    Brad & Lucinda Wade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there guys! So sorry to hear about the lastest difficulties. Trev looks like a fighter so hopefully he will bounce back soon on his RBCs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear that he's not doing any better with his RBC's. I hope they will be able to figure out what he needs to help his body get going. Stay patient and know just how many prayers there are out there for you and ALL of your family. Trev looks pretty good for being so sick...let us know how everything turns out.

    Love you guys,

    Karbizzy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fasting, praying and combining my hope and faith with lots of other people who love you and your family to bring about a miracle.

    Its amazing how powerful the Spirit of this fast is! Deeply engrossed in my work, I am nearly overwhelmed by the strength I can feel as so many actively demonstrate their faith on your behalf. Wow. Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for keeping us up to date with Trev's condition. I really liked the post where you told your daughter that Trev is braver than Dad with all the pain that he is having to go through right now. It made me cry. You guys are truly a special family for having to go through all this. Jannell my heart goes out to you. It is so hard to be a mom of a baby in the NICU. You are so strong. Hang in there. We know that Trev will get better soon. So many people are praying for him.

    ReplyDelete

Trev

My photo
Trev was born on Sept. 4th 2009, He was a big surprise for mom and dad. We are so thankful he is doing well

Followers