Thursday, November 5, 2009

REESE,MOM,TREV


My four-year-old little girl Reese is so excited for Trev to come home. Jannell and I have found her in her play room numerous times playing with babies and wrapping cords and cables around her play dolls pretending that she is taking care of Trev. She wants to see and hold him so much, it is very difficult for us as parents knowing that we cannot let our little girl see her little brother inside the NICU. Reese has already moved her car seat all the way to the back of our 3rd row seat in our SUV because she tells us “Trev is coming home soon and he is going to sit where I sat.”
Tonight as I put my little Reese to bed we talked about Trev. I told her how lucky that we are to have Trev in our family and then I told her that Trev is so brave! She responded with “even braver than me”? I said to her Reese Trev is even braver than dad. I told her that Trev is braver than I will ever be, he has been on this earth for 62 days and he has fought hard for his life each and every single day. I told her that we will live our entire life and never fight as hard as Trev has to live on this earth. It is amazing how much I have learned from I tiny baby that has more strength and courage in 1 oz. of his total body of 2 lbs. 13 oz. which is the weight he was born at than I have in my entire body. What a blessing this has been for me to see what is important in this life and to be so proud of a son that has worked so hard for each and every breath that he takes. I have gained so much strength from my wife, I had no idea that my wife was built with the determination, strength, love and character that I did not know was possible for a human being to possess! She is so beautiful and honestly the best wife and mother that a man could ever even dream of having. We cry together, we laugh together, we are proud together. She never fails to pick me up and keep me on my feet thru this entire trial. She is beautiful and so caring of all of our families needs. I do not have the strength to go thru this and if it were not for the strength of my wife I would not make it thru this test. I love you Jannell thru to my core!!
I told my daughter tonight in her bed that Trev is going to be very special in this life and is going to accomplish amazing things. You do not go thru something like this and pull thru the way he has, unless you are special. I then followed to tell her that I believe that God sent him to us for a reason, and that being Trevs big sister makes her special. She asked me why? I told her because Heavenly Father picked our family special to have Trev and that he prepared our family with you first,” Because Heavenly Father would only give a baby like Trev to a family that had something special. She asked me” what is special about us daddy? I said to her “you are special Reese, and Heavenly Father sent you to us special because Trev needs a special big sister to watch over him as he grows up and Trev and mommy and daddy are so lucky to have you and Drake in our family”. “Trev is very lucky to have a special sister and brother that were hand picked to take care of him.” I want my entire family to know that I AM A LUCKY MAN and I love you all so much!

The Dad

1 comment:

  1. DAVE, I ABSOLUTLEY LOVE TO READ THIS BLOG & GET ALL THE UPDATES, BUT THIS POST REALLY HIT ME HARD! THANKS FOR MAKING ME CRY...LOL:) YOU ARE SUCH A GREAT DAD!!!! YOU & JANELL ARE ARE SO AMAZING TO GO THRU SO MUCH & STILL BE SO POSITIVE! YOU GUYS ARE ALWAYS IN OUR PRAYERS! :)

    ReplyDelete

Trev

My photo
Trev was born on Sept. 4th 2009, He was a big surprise for mom and dad. We are so thankful he is doing well

Followers