Wednesday, November 18, 2009

AFTER 71 DAYS TREV IS HOME



Jannell and I never thought this day would come, but it is here. Our little guy came home on November 14th, 2009 after 71 miraculous days in the hospital. One of our primary nurses stated to my wife early in Trevs stay at the NICU that "we will miss the NICU when we go home". I remember talking to my wife about this comment, we both agreed that there is no way in the world that we could miss the NICU, we wanted nothing more than to have a healthy son and to be blessed to bring him home. Well, Lisa was right! We miss the staff of the NICU dearly, we developed a relationship was so many at the NICU and we consider them some of our dearest friends. We were deeply saddened knowing that we would not see our dear friends who took such great care of our son. I think it hit me Saturday morning when we went in to go thru the discharge process with our son on saturday morning. I watched Stacey Jackson our primary nurse pick up our son and hold him closely. I could see it in her eyes that she was going to miss him dearly and that she loves him. There were many tears shed as all of our friends greeted us on our way out of the NICU. It has inspired Jannell and I and has shaped our lives in so many ways. Jannell is inspired to be a NICU nurse someday in the future, she would be incredible and can bring a true comfort to so many people with the ability to relate as to what parents will be going thru and to provide comfort. I have been inspired to share my experience with so many! I am planning on volunteering my time with the NICU parent support group who picked me up so many time thru our experience in the NICU. This is the least I can do, I feel honored to help others cope with one of the most difficult experiences they will encounter in their entire lives! Having your child in the NICU is a struggle beyond words, I remember so many days where I had to pick myself up and force myself everyday to function. I drew a lot of my strength from our parent support group. It was comforting beyond words talking with people who could truly relate and understand how you feel. I feel blessed to help others thru there experience for a long time to come.

3 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU TWO! WHAT A SWEET LITTLE MIRACLE BABY! GOD HAS SOMETHING VERY SPECIAL PLANNED FOR THIS LITTLE ANGEL :) WE WILL CONTINUE TO HAVE YOUR FAMILY IN OUR PRAYERS & I WOULD LOVE TO DO DINNER FOR YOUR FAMILY AS SOON AS YOU WILL LET ME. AGAIN CONGRATS, YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING PARENTS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic picture ... "Whos his Daddy"??? and "Older Borther"???? All the men together .... priceless!

    Grandpa Brent

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy he is home! And wow...I know what you mean about missing the NICU. It is kind of sad not to have that support anymore and so many people routing for and caring for your baby. But at the same time, it's so good to have a healthy baby. I read your post about Trev de-sating once a day. I am sure he will grow out of it. Jenna did that a ton too, especially right after she ate when she was that age gestationally. She is doing much better...although she still throws up randomly sometimes. She will be 40 weeks tomorrow!!! I can't believe it!

    ReplyDelete

Trev

My photo
Trev was born on Sept. 4th 2009, He was a big surprise for mom and dad. We are so thankful he is doing well

Followers