Saturday, October 31, 2009

I LOVE MOM


Trev is doing pretty well, he currently weighs 5 lbs. 6 oz. and is eating like a champion. He is now taking a bottle and he is able to eat the entire thing. We are so proud of him, He loves when Jannell holds him and burps him in between feedings. (As you can see in the picture) Trev has all the doctors stumped, they cannot figure out why he is not producing any Red Blood Cells. It is a scary situation for Jannell and I, they will be performing some further blood tests on Sunday. The good news is that Trev will be seen by a world renowned Hematologist on Monday. Dr. Ishee is from Jordan, he has treated babies all over the world. We are hoping that he is the answer to our prayers and can provide treatment for little Trev. It is an extremely eerie feeling of complete helplessness when the head Neonatologist tells you that he has no idea why our son is not producing red blood cells and that he has never seen a baby with these rare symptoms before.

6 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how good burbs sound when they are comming from a premie. Betsy would make fun of me all the time cause I would look around at the nurses for approval when Izzy would let out a good burp.

    I can't wait until we can get these kids together. I think they may need to be betrothed to one another. What do you guys think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear he is eating well. I hope that doctor will be able to help Trev. That whole thing with the red blood cells must have you guys so worried. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May God bless you and your little Trevor! I'm praying for a quick solution and Trevor's continued gain of strength!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're in our prayers. Hope today goes well with the blood doc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for commenting on our blog. Yeah, it is nice to have someone who really understands what it is like to have a child in the NICU. Especially for so long. I am so sorry the med isn't working and that the transfusions have not worked either. That must be very rare and I hope and pray that the doctor will be able to help you on Monday. Please let us know what he says. I told my mom and sisters about your family (I hope that is okay) and they said they read your blog and just cried. We are all praying for you guys. We know miracles are possible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope so much the Doctors find the solutions all of us are hoping for .... all of us love little Trev so much and certainly wish him all the blessings possible and prayers to get him home .... possibly to have the best "Thanksgiving Ever!"

    Dad Webb

    ReplyDelete

Trev

My photo
Trev was born on Sept. 4th 2009, He was a big surprise for mom and dad. We are so thankful he is doing well

Followers